- Six-month initial period and a six-month final period in a selected teaching practice.
- An integrated training post (ITP) or a further six months in a different teaching practice
- 18 months of six-month hospital appointments
- A Training Programme, which occurs each Wednesday afternoon during University term time and continues through the three-year training period.
- The programme is flexible allowing for shorter attachments and part-time "flexible training" appointments if appropriate.
Attendance at Postgraduate Meetings and courses is encouraged. All GP registrars who enter GP training will be required to sit the MRCGP examination.
We arrange a two-day introductory course for new GP registrars, which is very successful. The course combines learning about the programme with physical activities and group development work. The course is an effective way for the new group of training doctors to get to know each other.
Updated by NH on 27/01/13